Using Advanced Route Planning Features on an iPhone
Route4Me uses advanced algorithms that allow you to easily plan the most time-efficient and cost-effective routes. Route4Me Route Planner for iPhone takes care of all calculations and computing processes, delivering user-friendly tools for planning the most complex routes. However, you can also manually adjust the algorithm of the routes’ computation to your preference using the Advanced Route Planning Features.
To adjust the routes’ computation algorithm, first, go to “More” from the navigation menu and select “Settings.”
Then, scroll down to the “Default route settings” section where you can set or adjust the default settings of the route computation.
Tap on the “Service Time” field to adjust the corresponding setting. “Service Time” is the time spent on servicing a stop.
“Optimization Type” section allows you to choose one of the four different routing types that are applied when planning your routes:
– Roundtrip: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the user-defined start destination/address;
– Lock Last Destination: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the user-defined last destination/address;
- – End Anywhere: The route is optimized and ends at any stop that is the most efficient in terms of time and distance;
- – Disable Optimization – Roundtrip: The route is not optimized and ends at the start address. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence/order of addresses on the route;
– Disable Optimization – End Anywhere: The route is not optimized and ends at any preferred destination/address. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence/order of addresses on the route.
Adjusting the “Optimize for” settings allows you to plan routes with the focus on the most efficient optimization in terms of “Shortest Distance,” “Shortest Time,” or “Shortest Time with Current Traffic.”
Depending on the location of your routes and particular needs of your business, you can plan routes that are computed taking into account the most efficient roads for “Driving” or “Walking.”
IOS AND ANDROID