Plan a New Route on Your Android Device – Route4Me’s Android Route Planner
Route4Me’s Android app is designed to make your routing operations and logistics transactions as fast and flexible as possible, allowing you to plan, optimize, and navigate routes of any complexity on the go. Thus, while out in the field, you can effortlessly accommodate the particular needs of your business or unique business model using only your Android device. Moreover, Route4Me provides near real-time data synchronization across all associated computer and mobile devices so that all routes that are planned by drivers out in the field using the Route4Me iOS and Android mobile apps can be automatically synchronized with the Route4Me Web Platform in a matter of seconds and vice versa.
To plan a new route on your Android device, first, go to “My Routes” from the navigation menu and then tap on the “Add Route” button accordingly.
On the “New Route” screen, first, input the name for the route into the “Route Name” field.
To set the start time and date for the route, first, tap on the “Start Time” button and then use the “Set date” and “Set time” tabs accordingly.
In the “Routing Type” section, you can choose one of the following Routing Types:
- – Round Trip: The route starts and ends at the same stop/address;
- – Lock Last Destination: The route ends at the current last added or uploaded stop;
- – End Anywhere: The app automatically chooses the most efficient and optimal stop for ending the route;
- Disable Optimization – End Anywhere: The app does not optimize the route and chooses the last added or uploaded address as the end-stop of the route;
- Disable Optimization – Round Trip: The app does not optimize the route and ends the route at the same stop where it starts (the first added or uploaded address).
In the “Optimize Driving Directions for” section you can set up the most efficient optimization for the route in terms of “Distance,” “Time,” or “Time with Traffic.”
In the “Avoid” section, you can choose which roads you want to be avoided in the planned route.
Depending on the particular needs of your business or unique business model, in the “Travel Mode” section, you can set up the route to be optimized for walking (pedestrian optimization) or for driving (vehicle optimization).
To finish adjusting the settings of the route and proceed to add addresses, tap on the checkmark icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Next, tap on the “Add Destination” button to add addresses/stops to the route.
In the “Import” tab, you can upload a spreadsheet with addresses using your Google Drive or Dropbox accounts, as well as upload a file straight from your Android device. To learn more about uploading spreadsheets from your Android device or cloud-based storage services, visit this page. To learn more about the Route4Me spreadsheet requirements, visit this page.
Alternatively, you can add addresses to the route manually.
- – To add addresses from the contacts on your Android device, tap on the “Pick Address from Contacts” button and then add the preferred addresses accordingly;
- – To add your current location as a stop to the route, tap on the “Get Address of Current Location” button;
- – To manually input an address and add it to the route, tap on the “Input Destination” field.
To manually add an address to the route, first, input the full or partial address into the “Input Destination” field and then select one of the suggested geocoded and corrected variants accordingly. After that, you can add a contact phone number and an alias to the address using the corresponding fields. To save the address and add more addresses, tap on the “Save & Add New” button. To save the address and finish, tap on the “Save & Close” button.
After adding addresses to the route, tap on the “Optimize” button to optimize the route and apply the predefined optimization settings for the most efficient sequence of stops. Once the route is optimized, it is automatically synchronized with the servers and the “Unsynced” and “Synced” icons next to the route’s stops will indicate so accordingly.
Route4Me provides near real-time data synchronization across all associated computer and mobile devices so that all routes that are planned by drivers out in the field using the Route4Me iOS and Android mobile apps can be automatically synchronized with the Route4Me Web Platform in a matter of seconds and vice versa.