Manage Orders in the Orders List
Table of Contents
Route4Me route optimization software enables you to create, edit, and generate orders with your customer’s addresses to simplify order management as much as possible. Orders can be used for one-time transactions or can be reused whenever necessary.
Order Management – Managing Your Orders in the Orders List
You can create, view, and edit your orders in the Orders List. To access your Orders List, go to Orders from the navigation menu.
By default, the Orders List displays those orders that are scheduled for Today. To filter orders by date and streamline order management, open the Calendar in the top left corner.
In the Calendar:
- Choose one of the predefined ranges for which you want to display your orders;
- Select Custom Range to choose a specific range from the Calendar or type it in manually;
- Click Apply to display all orders that are scheduled for the chosen range.
The Orders List will display all orders that are scheduled for the dates within the defined time range.
You can use the Search Bar to search for specific information in any field of the orders (e.g. Alias, Email, or any custom data).
Orders can be arranged alphabetically and numerically in ascending or descending order. Click on the arrowheads in the header to sort orders based on the titles of the columns.
You can adjust the header to display the fields according to your preference. Right-click anywhere on the header and check the fields that you want to display in the header and uncheck those that you want to hide.
Creating Custom Fields in the Orders List
Creating and adding Order Custom Fields gives you more flexibility in managing your orders in the Orders List and adding custom statuses to your orders.
To create a Custom Field, in the Orders List, click on the File, then Manage custom fields.
In the Fields List, click on Create New Field.
In the Field Editor, type in the following:
- Field Name (ID): Unique field identifier that is assigned to a Custom Field and used for displaying this field in the Custom Fields List. Note that the Field Name can’t be edited once the Custom Field is created;
- Field Label: A full title of a Custom Field that will be displayed in a tooltip of a column in the header of the Orders List and other screens;
- Column Short Caption: A short caption that will represent the Custom Field Label in the header of the Orders List. Since the header in the Orders List has a limited amount of space, try to create short and descriptive captions of your Custom Fields, for your convenience.
Click Save, to create a new Custom Field.
Once the field is created, you can edit or delete it in the Custom Fields List.
To add a Custom Field to the header in the Orders List:
- Right-click anywhere on the header and select the Custom Field that you want to add to the header;
- The Custom Field will be displayed in the header with a checkbox next to each order.
Editing and Deleting Orders
Visit Route4Me's Marketplace to Check out Associated Modules: