Plan a New Route on Your iPad
Table of Contents
Route4Me’s iPad Route Planner app is the best mobile app for route planning on iPad on the market. The iPad Route Planner app uses advanced algorithms for planning and optimizing your routes with the most time-efficient and cost-effective results. Route4Me takes care of all calculations and computing processes, delivering user-friendly tools for managing your profitable driver routes on the go, providing more flexibility for your last mile delivery operations and logistics processes.
To plan a new route with unlimited stops on your iPad, first, go to Routes from the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap on the plus icon in the top right corner of the Routes screen.
Specifying the Route Settings
In the Route Name section, type the name of the new multi stop route into the corresponding field.
In the Route Schedule section, input the start date and time for the route.
First, select the preferred date of the route’s start from the calendar and tap Done.
After that, select the preferred time for the driver route to start from the calendar and tap Done.
Adjusting the Optimization Type
In the Optimization Type section, select one of the preferred route optimization types:
- Roundtrip: The route is optimized by the Route4Me route optimization engine and ends at the same stop where it starts. When the route is optimized, you get the most time-and cost-efficient sequence of stops;
- Lock Last Destination: The route is optimized by the Route4Me route optimization engine and ends at the last stop on the route;
- End Anywhere: The route is optimized by the Route4Me route optimization engine and ends at any stop that is the most efficient in terms of time and distance;
- Disable Optimization – Roundtrip: The route is not optimized and ends at the same stop where it starts. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence of stops on the route;
- Disable Optimization – End Anywhere: The route is not optimized and ends at any stop on the route that you can select manually.
The Optimization For section allows you to plan the route based on the shortest distance or the shortest time as well as the shortest time with the current traffic.
Depending on the location and particular needs of your business, select the preferred Travel Mode. This type of optimization plans the route based on the roads suitable for Driving or Walking.
To finish specifying the route settings, tap Done in the top right corner of the screen.
Adding Stops to the Route
Once you specified the route settings, you need to add stops/addresses to the route. To add addresses to the route, tap on Set Your Departure Address.
Route4Me’s iPad Route Planner App provides multiple options that allow you to easily upload addresses for planning and optimizing your routes. You can add addresses and favorite drop off locations manually from your Route4Me Address Book, contacts on your iPad, upload a spreadsheet, etc. Select one of the suggested variants and follow further instructions respectively.
Once you added addresses to the route, tap Plan Route in the top left corner of the screen.
Finally, tap Confirm when prompted to optimize the route and get the most efficient sequence of stops.
Once the route is planned, you can adjust its settings respectively.
The planned and optimized route is displayed in your Routes List on the Routes screen.
Navigating the Route
To start navigating the planned route, tap on the steering wheel icon next to the stop from which you want to start.