Planning a New Route on Your iPad
Route4Me’s iPad App is the best mobile route planner on the market that uses advanced algorithms for planning and optimizing your routes with the most time-efficient and cost-effective results. Route4Me takes care of all calculations and computing processes, delivering user-friendly tools for managing your routes on the go, providing more flexibility for your business activities. You can learn how to download and install the app on your iPad here.
To plan a new route on your iPad, first, go to “Routes” from the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap on the plus icon in the top right corner of the “Routes” screen.
Specifying the Route Settings
In the “Route Name” section, type the name of the new route into the corresponding field.
In the “Route Schedule” section, input the start date and time for the route.
First, select the preferred date of the route’s start from the calendar and tap “Done.”
After that, select the preferred time of the route’s start from the calendar and tap “Done.”
Adjusting the Optimization Type
In the “Optimization Type” section, select one of the preferred optimization types:
– Roundtrip: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the same stop where it starts. When the route is optimized, you get the most time-and-cost-efficient sequence of stops;
– Lock Last Destination: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the last stop on the route;
- – End Anywhere: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at any stop that is the most efficient in terms of time and distance;
- – Disable Optimization – Roundtrip: The route is not optimized and ends at the same stop where it starts. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence of stops on the route;
– Disable Optimization – End Anywhere: The route is not optimized and ends at any stop on the route that you can select manually.
The “Optimization For” section allows you to plan the route based on the shortest distance or the shortest time as well as the shortest time with the current traffic.
Depending on the location and particular needs of your business, select the preferred “Travel Mode.” This type of optimization plans the route based on the roads suitable for “Driving” or “Walking.”
To finish specifying the route settings, tap “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.
Adding Stops to the Route
Once you specified the route settings, you need to add stops/addresses to the route. To add addresses to the route, tap on “Set Your Departure Address.”
Route4Me’s iPad App provides multiple options that allow you to easily upload addresses for planning and optimizing your routes. You can add addresses manually, from your Route4Me Address Book, contacts on your iPad, upload a spreadsheet, etc. Select one of the suggested variants and follow further instructions respectively.
Once you added addresses to the route, tap “Plan Route” in the top left corner of the screen.
Finally, tap “Confirm” when prompted to optimize the route and get the most efficient sequence of stops.
Once the route is planned, you can adjust its settings respectively.
The planned and optimized route is displayed in your Routes List on the “Routes” screen.
Navigating the Route
To start navigating the planned route, tap on the steering wheel icon next to the stop from which you want to start.