Planning a New Route on Your iPad
Route4Me’s iPad App is the best mobile route planner on the market that uses advanced algorithms for planning and optimizing your routes with the most time-efficient and cost-effective results. Route4Me takes care of all calculations and computing processes, delivering user-friendly tools for handling your routes on the go providing more flexibility for your business activities. You can learn how to download and install the app on your iPad here.
To plan a new route on your iPad, first, go to “Routes” from the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap on the plus icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Specifying the Route Settings
In the “Route Name” section, type the name of the new route into the corresponding field.
In the “Route Schedule” section, input the start date and time for your route.
First, select the preferred date of the route’s start from the calendar and tap “Done.”
After that, select the preferred time of the route’s start from the calendar and tap “Done” to finish.
Adjusting the Optimization Type
In the “Optimization Type” section, select one of the preferred optimization types:
– Roundtrip: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the same stop where it starts;
– Lock Last Destination: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at the last stop on the route;
- – End Anywhere: The route is optimized by Route4Me and ends at any stop that is the most efficient in terms of time and distance;
- – Disable Optimization – Roundtrip: The route is not optimized and ends at the starting stop on the route. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence/order of stops on the route;
– Disable Optimization – End Anywhere: The route is not optimized and ends at any stop. When disabling the optimization, you can manually adjust the sequence/order of addresses on the route.
The “Optimization For” section allows you to plan the route based on the shortest distance or time as well as the shortest time with the current traffic.
Depending on the location of your route and particular needs of your business, you can plan routes that are computed taking into account the most efficient roads for “Driving” or “Walking.”
To finish and apply the selected route settings, tap “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.
Adding Stops to the Route
Once you adjust the route settings, you need to add addresses to the route. To add addresses to the route, tap on the “Set Your Departure Adress” to add the starting stop for the route. Alternatively, tap on the plus icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Route4Me’s iPad App provides multiple options that allow you to easily upload addresses for planning and optimizing your routes. You can add addresses manually, from your Route4Me Address Book, contacts on your iPad, upload a spreadsheet, etc.
Planning and Optimizing the Route the Route
Once you added the addresses to the route, tap “Plan Route” to finish planning the route.
Finally, tap “Confirm” when prompted to optimize the route and get the most efficient sequence of stops.
Once the route is planned, you can adjust its settings.
The planned and optimized route is displayed in your Routes List on the “Routes” screen respectively.
Navigating the Route
To start navigating the planned route, tap on the steering wheel icon next to the stop from which you want to start.