Insert Orders from the Orders List into Planned Routes
Inserting an order into a planned multi stop route allows you to add one or multiple stops with predefined data into different already planned and optimized routes without having to re-plan a route from scratch. With Route4Me route optimization software, you can add existing customer orders to planned routes in two different ways: from the Orders List and the Route Editor.
Inserting an Order into a Planned Route from the Orders List
Go to Orders from the Navigation Menu to open the Orders List.
In the Orders List, check the boxes next to the order(s) you want to insert into a planned route.
- Click File in the top left corner;
- Then select Insert into Route.
In the Route Lookup, start typing in a partial or full name of the already optimized route into which you want to insert the selected customer orders. Choose the optimized multi stop route from the suggestion list.
- Click Insert to insert the order into the route;
- Click Insert + Open Route if you want to open the route with the inserted order(s) in the Route Editor.
By default, the inserted order(s) will be added at the beginning of the planned route. However, you can change the sequence of addresses manually or by re-optimizing the route as per your preference and business needs.
Inserting an Order into a Planned Route from the Route Editor
Open the planned route into which you want to insert one or multiple orders.
In the Route Editor:
- Click Insert in the top left corner;
- Select Addresses.
In the Add New Address window:
- Type in full or partial alias of your order in the Address field. The system will generate the address associated with that alias;
- The alias of the order will be indicated between brackets, after the address;
- After selecting the order(s) that you want to insert into the route, click Finish Adding Addresses to go back to the Route Editor.
Visit Route4Me's Marketplace to Check out Associated Modules: