Switching from Maxoptra to Route4me
While using Maxoptra, are you bothered by the un-intuitive user interface? Do you feel restricted by using only Chrome and Firefox browsers? Are you disappointed that the software doesn’t offer restricted API integrations? You want to use iOS app?
If so, don’t worry, as Maxoptra isn’t your only route planning option.
Route4Me has been downloaded over a million times, making it one of the most used route optimization programs in the world. Companies love what our software does for their bottom line. Route4Me is able to generate perfectly optimized routes in less than a single minute, which allows businesses to save time and make more money. You can use routes in your PC and smartphones.
Switching to Route4me from Maxoptra
You can migrate your data from Maxoptra to Route4me in a few simple steps.
Exporting Data from Maxoptra
To export your addresses, orders and other data from Maxoptra, you need to take the following steps:
1. Go to https://start.maxoptra.com and log in using your credentials.
2. Click on “Track & trace.”
3. Select the “Vehicle track & trace” tab.
4. Input the Date of routes you want to export. Optionally you can select “Distribution Center” and “Vehicles” for exporting routes.
5. Click “Apply” to generate the report which you can then export to a spreadsheet file.
6. Click “Export file” or select the Microsoft Excel icon to download the file to your computer:
7. You will need to make a few changes to the header of your exported file in order to successfully upload data to Route4Me. Header “Customer Location name” changes on “Alias,” “Customer location address” changes on “Address.” In “Depot” column you need to enter depot address instead of Maxoptra’s depot alias.
Save the changed file in CSV format.
Importing Address Data into Route4Me
You can import your address data to Route4Me for one-time or recurring usage.
Importing Addresses for One-Time Usage
To import addresses for one-time usage:
1. Open a new tab in your browser and go to www.route4me.com
2. Select “Login” and enter your credentials.
3. Select “Routes” → “Plan new route.”
4. Select “Upload a File” in the route planning options window.
5. You also have the option to set your route parameters, such as tour type (round trip or end at a stop), navigation preference (shortest distance or shortest amount of time), and how many sub-routes you want to create (for when you have multiple drivers servicing those addresses). When you’re done, select “Create Route and Proceed to Add Addresses.”
6. Click anywhere on the upload area, then navigate to the exported Maxoptra spreadsheet.
7. Review your addresses on the map. Addresses that need your attention are marked under the “Review” and “Not Found” tabs. Edit addresses as needed, then select “Finish Import.” The system will optimize the address sequence and open your planned route.
8. If you need to add addresses/stops to your planned route, select the “Insert” tab and then select the “+ Addresses” option:
9. Type in the address and select “Finished Adding Addresses.”
10. If you want to keep your current address-to-route distribution while uploading multiple routes, you need to consolidate the routes into a single spreadsheet, add a column called “route_no,” and then upload the spreadsheet to Route4Me.
Note that you can view multiple routes on the same map. To do this, go to “Routes” → “Routes Map.”
Click the checkboxes next to the routes you want to display to make the routes appear on the map and in the timeline section.
Importing Addresses for Recurring Usage
For recurring usage, upload your addresses to Route4Me’s address book. The address book allows you to keep track of your addresses and all the information that is important about them, such as how often you visit them, the date they were last visited, etc.
1. In your Route4Me account, select “Address Book” → “Address Book List.”
2. Select “File” → “Upload Addresses”
3. Click anywhere on the upload area, then navigate to the exported Maxoptra spreadsheet.
4. The system will notify you if there are any geocoding issues you need to review. Click the “Show x destinations” button next to “Addresses to review.”
5. Modify the addresses as needed, then select “Add to address book.”
6. Your addresses and all the information associated with them will be added to the address book. If you want to view the locations on a map, go to “Address Book” → “Address Book Map.”
Once the migration is complete, you’ll be able to start enjoying the many benefits that Route4Me has to offer.