Set Automatic Visitation Triggers & View Geofence Activities
Route4Me dynamic routing software allows you to set up geofences, which are virtual perimeters for real-world geographic areas. Geofencing enables you to automatically track drivers and record when your drivers enter and leave each destination and customer address on their multi stop routes. Geofences are triggered automatically based on your preferred geofence settings. Route4Me route optimization software allows you to set up custom geofences to improve your route planning process and make sure that your drivers are always where you want them to be.
Setting Automatic Visitation Triggers with Geofencing
To set up geofences on your Route4Me account, go to Account Settings from the navigation menu.
Scroll down to the Geofence Settings section where you can set up an adjust the following:
- Select the geofence type/shape (circle or square);
- Type in the geofence size (in meters). This represents the total size of the geofenced area, which is set around each location;
- Type in the trigger duration (or time on site), in seconds. This is the amount of time a driver has to spend within the geofenced area before the system detects and marks the address as visited.
In the example above, the automatic visitation trigger will be enabled when the driver enters a circular area of 50 meters, set around the geocoded location, and stays within the geofenced area for at least 120 seconds.
On the Map:
- Check the Geofences box in the Map Settings to enable geofences on the Map;
- Each stop will be displayed on the Map with a geofenced area highlighted around it.
Viewing Geofence Activities on the Routes Map
Monitoring Geofence Activities of your drivers allows you to get a proper insight into their routing activities and improve your route planning, as well as dispatching operations. Geofence Activities provide a helpful and visual reference that highlights the event that triggered the geofence and provides a precise location on the map.
To view Geofence Activities, open a route, then in the Route Editor click on the Map Settings and enable Geofence Activities in the Geofence tab by checking the corresponding boxes.
On the map:
- The green flag shows where the driver entered the geofenced area and automatically created a Detected as Visited timestamp;
- The red flag shows where the driver left the geofenced area and automatically created a Detected as Departed timestamp.
The timestamps that were created when the driver entered and left the geofenced area will be displayed in the Address Visit Details section of the stop as Detected as Visited and Detected as Departed respectively.
Visit Route4Me's Marketplace to Check out Associated Modules: