What Is eCommerce Delivery?
E-commerce delivery is the last logistics process in the eCommerce supply chain. eCommerce delivery specifically refers to the operation of transporting products ordered from online shops and stores to the end customers’ addresses. The delivery is performed by last-mile carriers that retrieve customers’ packages from a warehouse or transportation hub and transport them to their final destination.
Table of Contents
How Does eCommerce Delivery Work?
eCommerce deliveries are performed either by the e-commerce businesses themselves or by last mile delivery services providers, also referred to as last mile carriers, such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. Fast and cost-effective eCommerce delivery starts with planning the most efficient routes with the help of e-commerce delivery software or e-commerce route planning software.
E-Commerce Delivery Management Software
eCommerce delivery management software helps last mile carriers plan, optimize, dispatch, and manage their delivery routes. Aside from delivery management, a complete and capable e-commerce delivery management software should also offer capabilities and features such as:
- eCommerce delivery route planning and optimization: Sequence all of your customers’ addresses into the most cost-efficient and time-effective routes.
- Customizable business rules that fit your eCommerce operation: Plan routes and account for factors such as customer availability time windows, maximum revenue per route, weather and traffic conditions, and a lot more.
- Team management: Build and manage hierarchical team structures with driver profiles.
- eCommerce delivery fleet management: Create profiles for each fleet vehicle with its loading capacities and other relevant parameters so you can assign the right vehicle to the right delivery route.
- Mobile and desktop applications: Connect your team of drivers through mobile apps and track e-commerce delivery progress, KPIs, and productivity levels either on the desktop software or mobile delivery management app.
Visit Route4Me's Marketplace to Check out Associated Modules:
- Notifications & Alerts
Customer Email and SMS Alerting and Notifications - Scheduled
Dynamic E-Commerce Order Dispatch
- Routing Business Rules