Switching from Onfleet Delivery Management to Route4Me
While using Onfleet, do you ever experience any technical issues? Do you find their mobile app clunky and confusing to use? Are there any other problems you have to deal with?
If so, don’t worry. Onfleet isn’t your only route planning option.
Route4Me has been downloaded over a million times, making it one of the most used route optimization programs in the world. Companies love what our software does for their bottom line. Route4Me is able to generate perfectly optimized routes in less than a single minute, which allows businesses to save time and make more money.
Switching from Onfleet to Route4Me
Switching over to a new route planning solution is easy. This guide will show you how to quickly migrate your addresses to Route4Me.
Exporting Data from Onfleet
Onfleet allows you to export complete data for your routes, including addresses, latitude/longitude coordinates and assigned driver. The data export can be performed by following a few simple steps.
1. Go to www.onfleet.com and log in using your credentials
2. Click the “download” icon at the top-right of the main screen (alternatively, press “E” on the keyboard).
3. Set your download preferences:
– Status – the type of tasks to be exported;
– Period – the time period for the export;
– Team – the team(s) you wish to include in the export;
– Driver – the driver(s) you wish to include in your export.
4. Click “Download.”
5. Save the exported file to your computer.
6. The exported spreadsheet contains complete information on your customers and orders. You can keep all this information and store it in the Route4Me system.
In order for your file to be uploaded seamlessly into Route4Me, you need to update two column headers: change “destinationAddress” to “Address” and “recipientNames” to “Alias.”
Download sample spreadsheet:
Importing Address Data into Route4Me
You can import your address data to Route4Me for one-time use or for recurring usage.
Importing Addresses for One-Time Usage
To import addresses for one-time usage, take the following steps:
1. Open a new tab in your browser and go to www.route4me.com.
2. Select “Login” and enter your credentials.
3. Select “Routes” → “Plan new route.”
4. Select “Upload a File” in the route planning options window.
5. You also have the option to set your route parameters, such as tour type (round trip or end at a stop), navigation preference (shortest distance or shortest amount of time), and how many sub-routes you want to create (for when you have multiple drivers servicing those addresses). When you’re done, select “Create Route and Proceed to Add Addresses.”
6. Click anywhere on the upload area, then navigate to the exported Onfleet spreadsheet.
7. Review your addresses on the map. Addresses that need your attention are marked under the “Review” and “Not Found” tabs. Edit addresses as needed, then select “Finish Import.” The system will optimize the address sequence and open your planned route.
8. If you need to add addresses/stops to your planned route, select the “Insert” tab and then select the “+ Addresses” option.
9. Type in the address and select “Finished Adding Addresses.”
10. If you want to keep your current address-to-route distribution while uploading multiple routes, you need to consolidate the routes into a single spreadsheet, add a column called “route_no,” and then upload the spreadsheet to Route4Me.
Note that you can also view multiple routes on the same map. Go to “Routes” → “Routes Map.”
Click the checkboxes next to the routes you want to display to make the routes appear on the map and in the timeline section.
Importing Addresses for Recurring Usage
For recurring usage, upload your addresses to Route4Me’s address book. The address book allows you to keep track of your addresses and all the information that is important about them, such as how often you visit them, the date they were last visited, etc.
1. In your Route4Me account, select “Address Book” → “Address Book List.”
2. Select “File” → “Upload Addresses.”
3. Click anywhere on the upload area, then navigate to the exported Onfleet spreadsheet.
4. The system will notify you if there are any geocoding issues you need to review. Click the “Show x destinations” button next to “Addresses to review.”
5. Modify the addresses as needed, then select “Add to address book.”
6. Your addresses and all the information associated with them will be added to the address book. If you want to view the locations on a map, go to “Address Book” → “Address Book Map.”
Once the migration is complete, you’ll be able to start enjoying the many benefits that Route4Me has to offer.