Managing Contacts and Addresses in your Route4Me Address Book
The Address Book is a centralized database of all contacts and addresses on your Route4Me account. You can add new contacts to your Address Book and share them with other users and vice versa. Your contacts and addresses can be inserted into already routes as well as new routes can be created from a set of your contacts in the Address Book. Route4Me allows you to generate orders from your contacts and addresses to improve your route planning process and make it more flexible. Orders can be shared and used as one time transactions or visits as well as reused multiple times.
Creating Contacts and Addresses
To create a contact or an address, first, go to “Address Book” in the navigation menu and select “Address Book List”.
In your Address Book, click “File” in the top left corner of the screen and select “Add Address”.
In the “Add Address” window, you can fill out detailed information about the contact or address that you want to create. In the “Location” tab:
- First, type in the address of the contact. Make sure that there is a green dot next to the address which indicates that it is geocoded with high confidence ;
- Then, create an alias for the contact.
You can also choose a custom color and a custom icon that will be associated with the contact.
In the “Location Details” tab, fill out the contact information such as first and last name, phone number and an email address. You can also add the contact to a group of addresses for easier route planning by groups. If you want to add more fields, you can use the "Custom Data" tab.
In the “Business Details” tab, fill out the following:
- Pieces: The number of pieces that may be delivered to and/or picked up from the contact/address;
- Weight: Total weight;
- Cube: Cubic volume;
- Reference No: The internal reference number associated with the contact/address;
- Revenue: Total revenue generated from the contact/address;
- Priority: Priority of the contact/address. This field can change the sequence of addresses in a route;
- Address Stop Type: Type of a stop e.g. delivery, pickup, service etc.
In the “Time Windows” tab, set up the following:
- Time Window Start and Time Window End: Indicate a time period when the address can be visited. You can learn more about time windows here ;
- Service Time: An estimated time interval to service the contact/address. The service time can’t be longer than the time between Start and End Time Windows;
- Time Zone: Select a time zone based on the location of the address in case you have other addresses that are located in different time zones.
Click on the “Schedule” tap and the schedule editor will open where you can set up how often the contact/address should be visited. Once you have chosen the repetitiveness of visitation, make sure that you have enabled it by clicking on the “Enable” button. Click “OK” to finish.
Sorting Contacts and Addresses in your Address Book
In your Address Book you can sort and edit your contacts:
- Use the search bar to find a specific contact/address from the Address Book List;
- You can sort your contacts/addresses by the columns in the header. Click on the arrowheads in the header to sort orders based on the titles of the columns;
- To edit or delete contacts/addresses, use the corresponding “Actions” on the right side of the screen.